The Scottish Government’s Strategic Guidance for Community Planning Partnerships: Community Learning and Development was published in June. Education Scotland has announced that they will be producing an implementation plan early in the autumn. “We want to involve you and your organisation in dialogue about what this should contain and how we can work together to put it into practice. It will address issues such as:
- Promoting of the key principles of the guidance across the wider landscape of CLD practice.
- Establishing project work which delivers specific commitments made in the guidance.
- Ensuring that the strategic approach is closely linked to other legislative and policy developments.
- Co-ordination of action which flows from the guidance to challenge, support and improve practice.
- Reporting to Government on progress in implementing the guidance, the impact of this, any barriers encountered and proposals for ensuring continued progress”.
If you have any queries, please contact Colin Ross, email@example.com or Mick Doyle, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Government has also published a report, by the Centre for Research in Education, Inclusion and Diversity at the University of Edinburgh, which analyses the findings of the national discussion that led up to this.