The Scottish Government has published its summary report on the ‘Creating a Healthier Scotland’ ‘conversations’, detailing the key issues that have been raised since the process began in August 2015. More than 9,000 people attended 240 conversation events. The main themes that came out of the conversation were:
- The need for a greater focus on preventing illness
- The importance of mental health and wellbeing
- The themes of person-centred care, support to self-manage health and the importance of a holistic approach
- Increased awareness of the full range of social care services and how it benefits different people
- The need for more accessible and flexible services
- Recognition of the challenges ahead and the need to set clear priorities for the future.
Here are three videos of the community conversations.