Applications to the Scottish Government’s £2m Children, Young People and Families (CYFEIF) and Adult Learning and Empowering Communities Project (ALEC) Funds for third sector organisations are now open via the Lloyds TSB Foundation. The funds cover two years from April 2017. The closing date for applications is 30 September 2016.
CYFEIF will focus on:
- Promoting the GIRFEC wellbeing indicators and the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Delivery of prevention and early intervention activities.
- Improving parenting capacity and family support.
ALEC will focus on:
- Prevention and early intervention through adult learning and community capacity building.
- Supporting the delivery of lifelong, learner-centred adult learning as outlined in the Adult Learning in Scotland Statement of Ambition.
- Using asset based approaches to work with adult learners or with communities to plan and co-design learning or capacity building opportunities.