The Scottish Government has published an analysis of the responses to their consultation on the future of Employability Support. They note that the majority of respondents are in favour of making significant changes to current employability programmes. They have identified six key messages from the responses. The ‘Scottish Approach’ to employability support should….
- Provide a flexible, tailored, ‘whole person’ approach
- Be designed and delivered in partnership
- Drive towards real jobs
The devolved replacement programmes should
- Be designed nationally but adapted and delivered locally
- Use contracts that combine payment by job outcomes and progression towards work
- Have a separate employability programme for those with high needs.