The Scottish Government has set new Strategic Police Priorities:
- Localism – Ensure that the needs of local communities are understood and reflected in the planning and delivery of policing at a local and national level
- Inclusion – Ensure our police service is accessible and responsive to the needs of all people in Scotland
- Prevention – Ensure our police service works to protect people by preventing crime and reducing fear of crime through communication, education, innovation and partnership working
- Responsiveness – … responding to and investigating incidents effectively and efficiently
- Collaborative Working – Ensure that our police service works productively with partners …
- Accountability – … being transparent, accountable and acting with integrity, fairness and respect
- Adaptability – … .